An Ecosystem of Minority Health and Health Disparities Resources
Who can benefit from using HDPulse?
- Researchers in academic institutions and federal organizations
- Practitioners such as clinicians and community health workers
- Community members such as activists and community-based organizations
- Students and educators focused on learning more about Social Determinants of Health
Recognizing the need for high-quality, publicly available online resources for improving minority health and reducing health disparities, NIMHD developed HDPulse.
HDPulse consists of two easy-to-use portals:
- Data Portal - Facilitates identifying, tracking, and studying issues related to minority health and health disparities
- Interventions Portal (coming soon) - Offers a repository of searchable evidence-based interventions that have been shown to improve minority health and reduce health disparities
About the Data Portal
Purpose: Provides a tool to characterize health disparities to motivate action to reduce health disparities. Interactive graphics and maps provide visual support for deciding where to focus public health disparities control efforts.
The Data Portal offers quick, easy access to descriptive statistics, interactive graphics, and maps that present health disparities across the nation, states and counties. With easy navigation and a mobile-friendly interface that offers several ways to view and download health disparity data, the portal will provide opportunities to explore health disparity topics such as screening and risk factors, socio-demographics, and mortality—with more to come!
Novel Data Portal Features
- Data topic organization using a socioecological framework
- Data stratification by multiple, intersecting demographic domains
- Statistical measures of disparities, rate-ratios
The Data Portal provides the evidence needed to take action to reduce health disparities. Visit the Data Portal.
About the Interventions Portal
Purpose: Provides easy access to interventions that have demonstrated effect to improve minority health or reduce health disparities, along with related publications, products and materials.
The Interventions Portal can inform the design, implementation, evaluation, dissemination, and adaptation of interventions to improve minority health and reduce health disparities. Minority health and health disparities researchers, program planners, and intervention developers can submit, find, sort, and download evidence-based interventions and resources. Coming soon!
Page updated July 8, 2022