The NIMHD oversees numerous programs that are central to NIH’s mission of uncovering new knowledge that will lead to better health for everyone.
This comprehensive portfolio of programs focuses on:
- Research from a biological, behavioral, social, and clinical perspective to understand minority health and the underlying causes of health disparities.
- Research capacity-building to support the training and career development of individuals engaged in minority health and health disparities research, including those from populations experiencing health disparities and other underrepresented populations in the science and medical fields, as well as to develop the capacity of institutions and organizations to conduct scientific research.
- Outreach and information dissemination to communities affected by health disparities and the health care providers and clinicians that serve them.
- Integrating research, research capacity-building, and outreach to foster collaborations and partnerships among distinct disciplines and areas that all play an integral role in improving minority health and eliminating health disparities.
The programs supported by the National Institute on Minority Health and Health Disparities are central to that effort.
- COVID-19 Information and Resources
- Extramural Research Programs
- Intramural Research Programs
- NIMHD Collaborations
- Education, Training, and Outreach Programs
Page updated Jan. 24, 2024