Yujing Liu, Ph.D.
Chief, Scientific Review Branch
Office of Extramural Research Administration
Dr. Yujing Liu is the chief of the Scientific Review Branch at NIMHD. Dr. Liu’s research is focused on lysosomal storage diseases and neurodegenerative disorders. Additionally, he investigated angiogenesis using mice models. Dr. Liu did his post-doctoral training in human genetic diseases at the National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases (NIDDK). He then joined the Department of Pediatrics at Georgetown University Medical Center as a tenure-track assistant professor.
Dr. Liu came to NIH in 2000 as a scientific research officer in the Scientific Review Branch of the National Institute of Dental and Craniofacial Research (NIDCR). He then became the chief of the Scientific Review Branch at the National Institute of Nursing Research (NINR) in 2007. Before joining NIMHD, Dr. Liu was the deputy director of the NIH Center for Scientific Review’s (CSR) Division of Receipt and Referral.
Dr. Liu received his doctoral degree in molecular genetics from Syracuse University.
- Liu, Y., Wada R, Yamashita T, Mi Y, Deng C, Hobson JP, Rosenfeldt HM, Nava VE, Chae S, Lee M, Liu CH, Hla T, Spiegel S, and Proia RL "Edg-1, the G protein–coupled receptor for sphingosine-1-phosphate, is essential for vascular maturation" (J. Clin. Invest. 106: 951-961, 2000) [see Commentary in: J. Clin. Invest. 106: 939-940, 2000] (cover photograph) doi: 10.1172/JCI10905
- Liu, Y., Wu YP, Wada R, Neufeld EB, Mullin KA, Howard AC, Pentchev PG, Vanier MT, Suzuki K, and Proia RL. "Alleviation of neuronal ganglioside storage does not improve the clinical course of the Niemann-Pick C disease mouse" (Hum. Mol. Genet. 9: 1087-1092, 2000) https://doi.org/10.1093/hmg/9.7.1087
- Liu, Y., R. Wada, C. Deng, M. P. McDonald, J. N. Crawley, K. Sandhoff, K. Suzuki and R. L. Proia "A genetic model of substrate deprivation therapy for a glycosphingolipids storage disorder" (J. Clin. Invest. 103: 497-505,1999) [see Commentary in: J. Clin. Invest. 103: 439-440, 1999] doi: 10.1172/JCI5542
- Liu, Y., K. Suzuki, J. D. Reed, A. Grinberg, H. Westphal, A. Hoffmann, T. Doring, K. Sandhoff and R. L. Proia "Mice with type 2 and 3 Gaucher disease point mutations generated by a single insertion mutagenesis procedure (SIMP)" (Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA. 95: 2503-2508, 1998) https://doi.org/10.1073/pnas.95.5.2503
- Liu, Y., A. Hoffmann, A. Grinberg, H. Westphal, M. P. McDonald, K. M. Miller, J. N. Crawley, K. Sandhoff, K. Suzuki arid R. L. Proja "Mouse model of GM2 activator deficiency manifests cerebellar pathology and motor impairment" (Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA. 94: 8138-8143,1997) https://doi.org/10.1073/pnas.94.15.8138
- Liu, Y. and J. M. Belote "Protein-protein interactions among components of the Drosophila primary sex determination signal" (Mol. Gen. Genet. 248: 192-189, 1995) doi: 10.1007/BF02190799
Page updated January 21, 2021