Eloho Ese Basikoro, Ph.D.
Senior Health Science Writer and Editor
Office of Communications and Public Liaison
Dr. Eloho Ese Basikoro is a senior health science writer and editor in the Office of Communications and Public Liaison at NIMHD. She executes and manages publications, writing, and editing projects and activities; translates scientific subject matter into plain language for lay audiences; and leads the development of guidance on language use in research on minority health and health disparities.
Dr. Basikoro has extensive experience in academic and implementation health science research with specialties in HIV/AIDS, gender and women, global health, and international development. Prior to joining NIMHD, Dr. Basikoro was a science writer and editor at the Scientific Consulting Group, Inc. where she was lead editor for 4 HIV/AIDS treatment guidelines produced by the Office of AIDS Research, National Institutes of Health. She also led a team that provided writing and editing support to produce fact sheets and webpages covering HIV/AIDS research. She has previously held positions as senior research associate at Management & Development Consulting, Inc. and lecturer at the University of Washington, Seattle.
Dr. Basikoro is an accomplished writer who was awarded the 2020 Amaury Talbot Prize for the most valuable work in African Anthropology by the Royal Anthropological Institute, United Kingdom, for her book Pathologies of Patriarchy: Death, Suffering, Care, and Coping in the Gendered Gaps of HIV/AIDS Interventions in Nigeria.
Dr. Basikoro holds a Ph.D. in health and medical geography from the University of Washington, an M.A. in geography from Southern Illinois University Edwardsville, and an M.Sc. in geography from the University of Benin, Nigeria.
- Basikoro, E.E. (2020). Pathologies of patriarchy: Death, suffering, care, and coping in the gendered gaps of HIV/AIDS interventions in Nigeria. Rowman & Littlefield International Press.
- Allison, A., & Basikoro, E.E. (2017). Why World Vision supports healthy timing and spacing of pregnancies to improve maternal and child health: A faith-based perspective. Christian Journal for Global Health, 4(2), 75-79. DOI: 10.15566/CJGH.V4I2.169
- Basikoro, E.E. (2016). Swaziland communication for development (C4D) assessment for young child survival and development; adolescent protection, learning and development; and program effectiveness. Final Comprehensive (Technical) Report. UNICEF Swaziland.
- Basikoro, E.E. (2015). HIV/AIDS can strengthen health care system in Nigeria, a myth? The geography of AIDS programming and health systems strengthening. International Journal of Research Development, 9(1), 1-14.
- Basikoro, E.E. (2014). Polio eradication initiative (PEI) emergency plan: A panacea for polio eradication in Nigeria. The Nigerian Health Journal, 14(1), 1-5. https://www.tnhjph.com/index.php/tnhj/article/view/127
Page updated October 17, 2022