NIMHD DSS: Dr. Ana V. Diez Roux
Challenges and Opportunities in Health Disparities Research
Ana V. Diez Roux, M.D., Ph.D., M.P.H.
Dean and Distinguished University Professor of Epidemiology
Dean's Office, Epidemiology and Biostatistics,
Urban Health Collaborative
Thursday, December 7, 2017
10:00 – 11:30 a.m. EST
Lipsett Amphitheater Clinical Center
National Institutes of Health
- Understanding conceptual models of health disparities, implications for research and action
- Addressing methodological challenges
- Emerging directions and promising areas for collaboration
Ana V. Diez Roux, M.D., Ph.D., M.P.H. is Dean and Distinguished University Professor of Epidemiology in the Dornsife School of Public Health at Drexel University. She is a physician and epidemiologist, known internationally for her research on the social determinants of health. For more than 20 years, her work has impacted public health research, policy and practice.
Dr. Diez Roux received an M.D. from the University of Buenos Aires, a master’s degree in public health and doctorate in health policy and management from the Johns Hopkins School of Hygiene and Public Health.
- The seminar will be videocast and available on this page and in the NIH Video archives after the presentation.
- Sign language interpreters will be provided upon request.
Individuals who need reasonable accommodation to participate should contact Edgar Dews (phone: 301-402-1366) at least five business days before the event.
Page updated February 10, 2022